At Boyd HR we consider our performance management process as a business process intended to ensure alignment of individual objectives with our strategic and business goals. This alignment provides everyone in the Team with a greater sense of direction on where the business is going, and helps to clarify how everyone’s efforts can and will support Boyd HR achieve our goals.
Through the process we work together to:
- Clarify role responsibilities and performance standards;
- Set performance objectives;
- Link skill development to Leadership & Functional Competencies;
- Determine our individual Stage(s) of Contribution;
- Plan for future development;
- Seek and give coaching and feedback on performance;
- Evaluate achievement of objectives, and
- Create and maintain a productive working relationship that is focused on achieving both individual and business success.
We divide our annual business plan into quarterly strategic initiatives (usually 4 to 6) with ownership assigned to individual Team Members. We jointly develop performance objectives that meet S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Time-bound). We jointly determine development objectives. These objectives focus on assisting each Team Member with achieving their performance objectives increasing their Stage(s) of Contribution for specific competencies and enhancing their careers in Boyd HR.
Each Team Member evaluates his/her own performance at the end of the year. Together with feedback from fellow Team Members we conduct the End of Year Review discussion. This meeting focuses on how well the Team Member did on achieving his/her performance and development objectives, and the Leadership and Functional Competency growth. Providing ongoing coaching and feedback to Team Members is an essential step in the performance management process and occurs throughout the year.
The main benefits to Team Members include:
- Alignment of objectives;
- Career development, and
- Increased job satisfaction.
The benefits to Boyd HR:
- Team Members’ objectives are clearly defined and aligned from top to bottom;
- Team Members have opportunities to grow and develop their careers;
- Retain talented, engaged and committed employees;
- Communication is open and timely;
- Client satisfaction is increased;
- Our financial performance continually improves because we are all results-focused.
If you have further questions or would like to learn more about our Performance Management and Development Process and how it could best benefit your organisation, we would be very happy to organise a 1-2-1 consultation with you. Please call Noel on 086 0352510 and he will organise a consultation.